The Severn Federation Academy Trust is responsible for five primary academy schools;
- Aylburton Church of England School
- Bream Church of England School
- English Bicknor Church of England School
- Lydney Church of England School
- Severnbanks Primary School
The Trust Articles of Association stipulate the charitable purpose, the governance structure of the Trust and other governance procedures.
Governance within the Trust is separated into three layers; Members, Trustees and Local Academy Committees.
The Members are akin to the shareholders of a company. They have ultimate control over Trust, with the ability to appoint some of the trustees and the right to amend the trust’s articles of association.
The Trustees are responsible for the three core governance functions performed:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos & strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and overseeing the effective and efficient performance management of its staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure it is money well spent.
As charity trustees, they must also ensure that they are complying with charity law requirements. Academy trusts are charitable companies and the trustees are company directors and must comply with company law requirements.
The Local Academy Committee Governors have a responsibility for delegated matters concerning their individual schools; including the upholding the ethos of the schools, promoting ties with the outside community, monitoring the impact of the curriculum and ensuring the wellbeing of pupils and staff.
The Severn Federation Academy Trust are committed to having a rigorous standard of governance, and everyone involved with governance within the Trust agrees to uphold the Code of Conduct.
Click on the star icon to find out more information about our Members, Trustees and Local Academy Committees